Korydallos prison authorities transferred convicted terrorist Dimitris Koufodinas to a state hospital on Thursday, following signs that an extended hunger strike had taken a toll on his health. The former gunman of the terror group “17 November” has refused food for the last week, resulting in weight loss and other health issues.
Koufodinas started the hunger strike in protest, after prison authorities failed to approve his third application for furlough. He has been granted two furloughs in the last six months by the prison council.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans