Bus will not operate in Athens from 12:00 to 17:00 on Thursday, following a decision by the Athens Urban Transportation Organisation (OASA) staff to hold a work stoppage in order to attend a general assembly meeting.
Buses will gradually start returning to the depots as of 11:00 a.m., and be fully running by 18:00 or later.
The strike will affect all bus schedules, including the buses to and from the Athens International Airport.
Staff are planning to discuss how to prevent the shutdown of the bus depot at Elliniko.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans