A total of 40 foreign nationals (29 men and 11 women) were arrested at the airport of Heraklio, Crete while attempting to travel to France, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Belgium and to the Czech Republic with fake documents.
The arrests were held in the period 21 to 27 May.
The suspects were aged between 18 and 57 and were from Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Algeria, Palestine and Libya.
The foreign nationals possessed fake travel documents alleged to be issued by the authorities of Germany, Spain, France, Denmark, Italy, Belgium, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Syria, Morocco and Egypt.
The arrested were sent to Heraklio prosecutor.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans