The 8th International Conference of Orthodox Theology on the issue “The Holy and Great Synod of the Orthodox Church: Orthodox Theology in the 21th century”, will be held in Thessaloniki between 21 and 25 May.
The conference is organised by the Theology School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki under the auspices of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
The 120 speakers from 20 countries and 25 universities and theological institutes include Archbishop Anastasios of Albania, Elder Archbishop Geron Demetrios of America, bishops, professors, monks and laymen.
The conference will be held for the first time in Thessaloniki at the auditorium of the old School of Philosophy in the building of the Theology School, and is part of a series of conferences of the Orthodox Theological Schools inaugurated in 1936 in Athens.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday