A march in support of Palestinians following the violence in Gaza concluded on Tuesday evening at the Embassy of Israel with minor incidents.
Palestinian protesters climbed on police vans voicing slogans in Arabic and burned an Israeli flag and called for the liberation of Palestine. The protesters threw rocks at the embassy building, while a small group of people wearing hoods threw rocks and other objects at riot police.
Circulation on Kifissias has been restored, except for the section towards Katechaki.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday