Police have arrested 17 foreign nationals – 11 men and 6 women – that attempted to travel abroad from the airport of Heraklio, Crete, using fake travel documents.
According to police announcement on Monday, eight Syrian nationals, three Iranians, two Afghans, two Iraqis, one Bangladeshi, one from Cameroonian and a Pakistani have been arrested between May 7-13 after presenting fake travel documents allegedly issued by French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Syrian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi authorities in order to board flights departing from Greece for France, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland.
The fake travel documents were confiscated and the suspects were led before an Heraklion prosecutor.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday