Tourists from the USA, China, Australia and Canada that are visiting Greece can only rent a car or other vehicle if they have a national driving licence and a valid international driving licence with them, the director of the Rental Car Tourist Businesses Association Anna Vlahava said on Monday. Owners of businesses that rent cars in Greece refuse to rent cars to tourists from countries outside the EU when they do not have the necessary driving documents, she warned.
” In case of a police check, Greek authorities will impose a fine on both the driver and the business that rented the vehicle, while the car or motorcycle will be confiscated if the driver does not have the required driving licence,” Vlahava said to the Athens Macedonian News Agency.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday