A 46-year-old foreign national was arrested by police in Pyrgos, southern Greece, following fire brigade charges that he accidentally caused a fire in the Frixa area in Andritsena-Krestena, SW Greece.
The man will be led before a prosecutor on Tuesday morning.
The fire in Frixa broke out on Sunday. It is unclear if it was related to several fronts that were burning on Sunday. On Monday morning, thirty-six fire engines with 90 firefighters crew, four Canadairs and a water dropping helicopter were still fighting against strong winds. The fires were brought under control by midday Monday.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”