A march of high school and university students to protest the West’s intervention in Syria ended with three injuries and two arrests on Monday.
Three participants in the rally were taken to hospital after injuries sustained when the rally was at the Truman statue, while two protesters who were taken in by the police for questioning ended up being arrested.
A delegation of protesters with a Communist Party of Greece (KKE) deputy negotiated with police for the release of the two, who were to be led before a prosecutor.
The protesters ended up at the Attica General Police Headquarters (GADA) on Alexandras Avenue.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”