The Piraeus Appeals Justices Council on Friday did not ratify an order issued by Piraeus public prosecutor Irene Tziva that banned businessman and ship owner Vangelis Marinakis and three of his associates from leaving the country. According to the justices’ council, he was not judged to be a flight risk. The ban was imposed after charges pressed against Marinakis and his three associates in connection with the ship “Noor 1” that was caught carrying very large quantities of drugs.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”