The pilot in the Mirage 2000-5 fighter jet that disappeared off radar screens earlier on Thursday has been killed and “joined the pantheon of heroes,” Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos said in a tweet posted on Thursday afternoon.
“He fell for faith and country, fighting to defend National sovereignty and our territorial integrity. The country bows in mourning. Deepest condolences to his family and all Hellenic Air Force personnel,” Kammenos wrote.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”