The Hellenic Air Force announced the name of the pilot who died when his Mirage 2000-5 fighter jet crashed in the sea off the island of Skyros on Thursday.
The jet piloted by Georgios Baltadoros, born in 1984, who was married with children, crashed at sea 9 nautical miles northeast of Syros in the Aegean Sea.
The Air Force’s full statement reads as follows:
“On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 12:15, a single-seat aircraft M2000-5 of the 114th Combat Wing and 331st Squadron, crashed in the sea while approaching landing, following an operational mission, at a distance of nine nautical miles northeast of the island of Skyros, leading to the fatal injury of the aircraft’s pilot, flight lieutenant Georgios Baltadoros. A relevant commission has been drawn to investigate the accident.”
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”