Members of Greek workers group PAME caused serious damages to a section of the security fence in Piraeus Port, during a protest rally on Tuesday, OLP’s security officials said.
According to information, members of PAME cut the fence with an electric saw near Gates E2 and E4, where ferries depart for Crete, and then left.
The Coast Guard said PAME had organized a rally after 18:00 at Karaiskaki square and a march towards the port, with the participation of several seafarers unions.
OLP has recently upgraded its security around the pier by placing a fence and security cameras. Passengers travelling to Crete now undergo security checks.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”