The main runway 16-34 of Macedonia International Airport of Thessaloniki was delivered on Wednesday, as announced by the Civil Aviation Agency.
On Fraport Greece’s part, the responsible for communication Yiannis Papazoglou stated to Athens-Macedonian News Agency that everything is operating smoothly without any problem.
The works on the main runway were initially programmed to be held earlier but were postoponed to winter following requests by tourism agencies and the local authorities concerned about the high tourist traffic in the summer season.
Fraport Greece said that works for the upgrading of the airport have started and refer to “improvements in the toilets and the commercial areas as well as in facilitating passengers’ checking procedures in order to avoid congestions.
Moreover, Papazoglou said that the foundation of the new 32,000 sq.m terminal station will start when the checks for any remaining shells from WWII are completed.
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017