Police in Lesvos are investigating what they describe as a “particularly serious” case of a two different license plates found on a van used by an NGO that is involved in the reception of refugees and migrants on the island.
According to the authorities, police stopped a van in the area of Kratigos, near the airport last Saturday night. During the check, policemen discovered a second license plate hidden under the visible ones which they found belong to a Greek army vehicle. They also found wireless communication equipment inside the van.
Police said the arrested one person in connection with the incident, without providing further details, and are continuing the investigation.
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates