Police in Lesvos are investigating what they describe as a “particularly serious” case of a two different license plates found on a van used by an NGO that is involved in the reception of refugees and migrants on the island.
According to the authorities, police stopped a van in the area of Kratigos, near the airport last Saturday night. During the check, policemen discovered a second license plate hidden under the visible ones which they found belong to a Greek army vehicle. They also found wireless communication equipment inside the van.
Police said the arrested one person in connection with the incident, without providing further details, and are continuing the investigation.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case