Members of the Rouvikonas antiestablishment group were brought in for questioning by the police on Monday after trying to disrupt Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos, who was addressing SYRIZA party members at the Athens Chamber for Commerce and Industry.
The Rouvikonas members barged in the conference room in central Athens, started shouting slogans against the parties, the government and foreclosure auctions, and threw leaflets around.
The event went on despite their presence, with the minister commenting, “Now that the dialogue with the comrades is over, we may continue.”
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday