Fire department and a special disaster response unit (EMAK) rescue teams are trying to rescue two climbers who got lost and then stranded on the Voras Mountains, at the northern Pella regional unit, on Saturday afternoon while hiking.
The missing climbers were located at an inaccessible part of the mountain are rescue teams are attempting to pull them out. Three fire department vehicles and 13 firemen from Edessa and Aridea have been dispatched.
According to initial information from the fire department, the climbers are possibly a couple from the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) who went hiking with friends and at some point were separated from the group. Authorities were alerted with a call to the emergency European line 112.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case