Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos on Thursdasy congratulated by telephone Vicky Kalogera, professor of astrophysics at Northwestern University, for receiving the prestigious Dannie Heineman prize for 2018.
The award will be handed out by the American Institute of Physics (AIP) and the American Astronomical Society and recognises Kalogera’s research on neutron star and black hole pairs.
Her citation, as noted in an AIP press release on Wednesday, notes she is being awarded “for her fundamental contributions to advancing our understanding of the evolution and fate of compact objects in binary systems, with particular regard to their electromagnetic and gravitational-wave signals.”
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability