Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos on Thursdasy congratulated by telephone Vicky Kalogera, professor of astrophysics at Northwestern University, for receiving the prestigious Dannie Heineman prize for 2018.
The award will be handed out by the American Institute of Physics (AIP) and the American Astronomical Society and recognises Kalogera’s research on neutron star and black hole pairs.
Her citation, as noted in an AIP press release on Wednesday, notes she is being awarded “for her fundamental contributions to advancing our understanding of the evolution and fate of compact objects in binary systems, with particular regard to their electromagnetic and gravitational-wave signals.”
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017