Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos on Thursdasy congratulated by telephone Vicky Kalogera, professor of astrophysics at Northwestern University, for receiving the prestigious Dannie Heineman prize for 2018.
The award will be handed out by the American Institute of Physics (AIP) and the American Astronomical Society and recognises Kalogera’s research on neutron star and black hole pairs.
Her citation, as noted in an AIP press release on Wednesday, notes she is being awarded “for her fundamental contributions to advancing our understanding of the evolution and fate of compact objects in binary systems, with particular regard to their electromagnetic and gravitational-wave signals.”
- Parliament not authorised to hear Novartis case, says lawmakers of Syriza
- Gov’t has brought order to public finances, says Tzanakopoulos
- Migration Min. Vitsas: “I keep an open communications channel with my Turkish counterpart”
- FM Kotzias to meet FYROM counterpart Nikola Dimitrov in Vienna
- Railway workers suspend Thursday’s work stoppage