Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos on Thursdasy congratulated by telephone Vicky Kalogera, professor of astrophysics at Northwestern University, for receiving the prestigious Dannie Heineman prize for 2018.
The award will be handed out by the American Institute of Physics (AIP) and the American Astronomical Society and recognises Kalogera’s research on neutron star and black hole pairs.
Her citation, as noted in an AIP press release on Wednesday, notes she is being awarded “for her fundamental contributions to advancing our understanding of the evolution and fate of compact objects in binary systems, with particular regard to their electromagnetic and gravitational-wave signals.”
- Greek wanted on European warrant for drug trafficking arrested in Thessaloniki
- Greek stocks eased lower in moderate trade on the ASE on Wednesday
- Passenger ferry “Nissos Rhodos” returns to Piraeus after engine failure
- Tsipras calls on lawmakers to back inquiry into Novartis as the ‘only honest way’
- Mitsotakis accuses government of interfering with Justice in Novartis case