New Democracy (ND) on Thursday sent a message to Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Thursday, saying he should not bind Greece to a new agreement that is against the country’s interests regarding FYROM’s name.
It added that ND shadow foreign minister Giorgos Koumoutsakos has asked for an official briefing regarding a statement made by former FYROM foreign minister Antonio Milososki, who said that the Greek prime minister is ready to bind the country to an agreement with FYROM.
ND’s press office said that Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias has so far avoided briefing the main opposition. “Tsipras and Kotzias are obviously trying to present the country with a fait accompli. We are warning the prime minister once again: He does not have the political legitimacy to bind the country and will have full personal responsibility if he consents to an agreement that will be against the interests of Greece.”
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans