Federica Mogherini, the EU’s high representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, met with FYROM Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs Bujar Osmani on Thursday and discussed progress on the negotiations with Greece over the name issue.
According to a press statement, Mogherini expressed the EU’s full support for the ongoing talks on the issue and conveyed the readiness of the Commission to support a possible resolution.
The EU and FYROM officials also discussed the progress on the country’s reform agenda.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans