Main opposition New Democracy (ND) harshly criticised the government on Wednesday of being ready to make important concessions on national issues in order to remain in power.
New Democracy underlined that the concessionσ of “Macedonian nationality” and “Macedonian language” are not acceptable.
“The solution must be uniform, comprehensive and include three elements: Change of the Skopje Constitution, removal of each irredentist element, and a name for all uses inside and outside the Skopje borders. The assignment of ‘Macedonian nationality’ and ‘Macedonian language’ is not acceptable.”
ND explicitly warned Alexis Tsipras that “he has no political legitimacy to bind our country to an international agreement that would harm national interests.”
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans