Movement for Change leader Fofi Gennimata, opening the meeting of the party central committee on Sunday, stressed that the party expresses the progress against conservatism and explained that its strategy is moving in the direction of the autonomous course and national conciliation.
“We will win both SYRIZA and New Democracy. They are right to feel threatened. The progressive citizens will take the big step. They will support the prospect of a powerful autonomous centre-right. The Movement for Change is determined to give Greece a perspective and offer Greek citizens hope,” she underlined.
Gennimata made harsh criticism against Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras. “The prime minister has accepted a fourth memorandum without taking any additional funds in exchange while the creditors have not even agreed on debt relief.”
Gennimata explained that the Movement for Change will seek a careful and gradual exit from the memoranda so that this exit is final.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans