“Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and his deputies had promised everything to everyone. They did the same in the recent ‘development’ conference, without even considering what happened in the past 3 years. He could have said ‘nothing’,” main opposition New Democracy’s Vassilis Kikillias said on Saturday in a regional development conference.
Kikilias underlined that lower taxes and security are needed in order to attract investments. This is how new jobs will be created, he added.
He also cited the example of China where somebody from the region can contact with tour operators all over the world via his laptop. “In a country that receives millions of euros each year from tourism, the region cannot continue to be a laggard,” Kikilias said.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans