“The government is addressing the FYROM name issue with stability and responsibility, avoiding frivolous adventures,” Interior Minister Panos Skourletis said on Saturday in an interview with public broadcaster ERT.
At the same time, he said that there is now a “favorable momentum” to solve the issue, as well as that the positions of the Greek government are clear. The Minister also accused the New Democracy party of holding a stance of “absolute incohesion.”
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans