The government should call national elections, main opposition New Democracy reiterated on Thursday.
If the government truly believes it has done well in the economy, it doesn’t need any extension of the bailout memorandum it has signed, and no credit line, the party said. “If, on the other hand, it has finally realized the new impasse it placed the country in, there is one solution: Call for national elections, to get a new government that would be trusted by the Greek citizens and the markets,” it said in an announcement.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans