Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and his FYROM counterpart Zoran Zaev are to meet in Sofia on May 17, on the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans Summit, the UN Secretary General’s Special Representative in the name dispute Matthew Nimetz announced on Saturday.
Nimetz made the announcement after a six-hour meeting between Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias and FYROM Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov in Sounio attempting to hammer out a solution to the name issue.
Commenting on the meeting, Nimetz said the two foreign minister had one more “very serious meeting” in which they had done “hard, intensive and good work” to prepare the meeting between the two prime ministers.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday