New Democracy leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis commended the mayor of Tinos and the island’s police for their stance towards anarchist group Rouvikonas in a tweet on Thursday.
“Congratulations to the mayor Giannis Siotos and the police of Tinos. The “activists” of Rouvikonas will be taken to trial in Syros after the mayor filed a complaint for charging into the municipality. Mr (Parliament President Nikos) Voutsis and ministers of Syriza, see how easy it is if there is political will?,” said the tweet.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday