The government must disengage from American and NATO plans in the greater region, as the threat of a generalized war is escalating, Communist Party of Greece (KKE) Secretary General Dimitris Koutsoumbas said at a rally at Propylea, in downtown Athens, on Thursday.
“Unfortunately, the threat of a generalised imperialistic war is escalating. The Greek government is assuming enormous responsibilities towards the Greek people,” Koutsoumbas said. “It must immediately disengage from imperialistic American-NATO plans in the region, from the use of their military bases on Greek territory, which, besides everything else, invite attacks,” the KKE leader said.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”