Greece will not concede an inch of land to Turkey, Migration Policy Minister Dimitris Vitsas said on Sunday in an interview with SKAI TV.
He underlined that the Greek Armed Forces are always on alert to avert any effort of rendering Greek territory into a grey zone.
Vitsas estimated that there is no risk of a military confrontation with Turkey, because the Greek army has a great deterrent power.
The minister said he does not agree with the view that Turkey will “flood” the Greek islands with migrants and refugees. However, he agreed that Greece’s policy is to reduce the flow of migrants that has recently risen.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”