Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura presented on Sunday Greece’s advantages that make it an ideal holiday destination,
Kountoura was addressing the ASTA Athens Destination Expo 2018.
The Greek Minister noted that Greece has all the advantages to play a leading role in tourism and underlined the increase in US tourists arrivals. Specifically, she said, the Americans that visited Greece came to one million last year and she estimated that the number will further increase this summer.
She also referred to the ministry’s initiatives so that Greece holds the ASTA conference and the catalytic role played by the FedHATTA.
On his part, the US Ambassador to Greece Geoffrey Pyatt praised the good US-Greek relations and stressed that Greece is an attractive destination for US tourists.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”