The audit case of Bank of Greece governor Yannis Stournaras’ source of wealth (“pothen esches”) declarations has been shelved, the Greek Parliament’s Review Committee on Asset Statements revealed on Wednesday, following no proof of irregularity.
In a statement, the committee said that “following a verbal request by Stournaras, it met on December 1, 2017 and discussed an article of the newspaper ‘Documento’ published on November 19, 2017 (that related to him). Following a review of (Stournaras’) relevant obligatory declarationts, the Committee for the Review of Personal Asset Statements decided there is no reason to refer the case to justice, and has therefore filed the case away.”
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates