The audit case of Bank of Greece governor Yannis Stournaras’ source of wealth (“pothen esches”) declarations has been shelved, the Greek Parliament’s Review Committee on Asset Statements revealed on Wednesday, following no proof of irregularity.
In a statement, the committee said that “following a verbal request by Stournaras, it met on December 1, 2017 and discussed an article of the newspaper ‘Documento’ published on November 19, 2017 (that related to him). Following a review of (Stournaras’) relevant obligatory declarationts, the Committee for the Review of Personal Asset Statements decided there is no reason to refer the case to justice, and has therefore filed the case away.”
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case