Main opposition New Democracy (ND) called for full light to be shed on the Novartis case from the outset and said “yes” to a proposal for a preliminary investigation committee in Parliament, ND spokesperson Maria Spyraki said on Tuesday.
Spyraki accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of caring only about sullying the reputation of his political opponents, adding that the government is meddling in the affairs of justice.
“The government’s proposal for setting up a preliminary investigation committee does not describe either offences or include a proposal to prosecute,” she added.
Spyrakis said that ND will submit, pursuant to Article 144 of the Parliament’s Rules of Procedure, a proposal to set up an Examining Committee to investigate the actions of National Defence Minister Panos Kammenos in connection with an arms deal with Saudi Arabia.
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates