Main opposition New Democracy (ND) called for full light to be shed on the Novartis case from the outset and said “yes” to a proposal for a preliminary investigation committee in Parliament, ND spokesperson Maria Spyraki said on Tuesday.
Spyraki accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of caring only about sullying the reputation of his political opponents, adding that the government is meddling in the affairs of justice.
“The government’s proposal for setting up a preliminary investigation committee does not describe either offences or include a proposal to prosecute,” she added.
Spyrakis said that ND will submit, pursuant to Article 144 of the Parliament’s Rules of Procedure, a proposal to set up an Examining Committee to investigate the actions of National Defence Minister Panos Kammenos in connection with an arms deal with Saudi Arabia.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case