Independent Greeks leader Panos Kammenos submitted a draft proposal in parliament which proposes abolishing the statute of limitation for charges of bribery involving cabinet ministers and their deputies.
According to Greek law, ministers are protected by parliamentary immunity and can only be tried if the parliament votes to lift it. The proposal suggests “the crime of bribery of article 235 of the penal code, when committed by a member of the government or deputy minister is not included in those that are not related to the performance of their duties.”
The draft proposal only mentions bribery and could not have a retroactive effect.
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates