The government will strive to implement a plan of major financial, tax and legislative interventions after August, State Minister Christoforos Vernardakis said on Monday in an interview with “Sto Kokkino” radio station.
“We will actively demonstrate that we are exiting a state of surveillance, recession and crisis,” he said and outlined the necessary stages in the process:
– the completion of the fourth review of the programme review this week
– reaching a good agreement on debt that will increase the fiscal space available
– the transer of real policy control to Greece, to the government and parliament, after the programme ends
– the generation of specific, tangible results by the end of the year
– Entering the second phase in early 2019, based on fiscal outcomes and with a policy that aims to reinforce the rights of workers and lower social classes.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans