The balance of employment flows in the private sector was positive in May, totaling 108,725 job positions, the “Ergani” IT system of the Labour ministry said in a report released on Monday.
The report said that the balance of employment flows recorded the highest monthly performance since 2001, both in May and in the January-May period, with a positive balance of 264,551 new job positions in the five-month period.
New hirings totaled 308,169 in May, while dismissals amounted to 199,444 in the month (of which 93,522 were voluntary departures).
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans