Greece is at the forefront of Europe thanks to a recent law it approved on energy communities, Energy Minister Giorgos Stathakis told Athens-Macedonian News Agency on Monday.
He was participating at an EU energy council meeting in Luxembourg, where talks focused on deciding on EU targets for 2030, in relation to renewable energy sources and total power consumed by countries.
“Greece is in favor of the EU adopting ambitious targets to handle climate change. We have large challenges ahead of us and we are obligated to make brave decisions that will lead to a change in the energy mix, in favor of renewable energy sources,” said the Greek minister.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans