Greece has shown that it respects its agreements and now it is the turn of the country’s partners to respect what they have agreed upon, said European Union economy commissioner Pierre Moscovici going into Thursday’s eurogroup meeting.
The French commissioner highlighted that we are “in the final stretch” for Greece’s exit from the bailout.
“We have set as a goal the completion of the Greek program in June, June 21, so that in August we can say that Greece is out of the program and leaving behind it 10 years of crisis in the eurozone,” he added.
Moscovici added that the staff level agreement between Greece and international creditors on the country’s fourth review is a very positive sign, reflecting that reforms are continuing.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans