Restoring collective bargaining and an increase in the minimum wage are the two main tools that the government will use to support private-sector employees in order to obtain what was lost during the crisis, Labour Minister Efi Achtsioglou said on Friday in an interview with “Efimerida Ton Syntakton” newspaper.
The minister said that an increase in the minimum wage was included in the development strategy that was discussed in the parliament and presented to the Eurogroup. “The preparations for the increase in the minimum wage are already underway,” she said.
Achtsioglou explained that the exit from the programme is a chance for ensuring better working conditions and higher salaries.
- ND: A sad day for Greece and day of shame for Tsipras and Kammenos
- KKE: Greece-FYROM agreement the product of EU, NATO intervention
- Former Independent Greeks spokesperson Papadopoulou retires from politics
- Nimetz: Tsipras and Zaev displayed political courage and strategic vision
- Mogherini: We thank both sides because they made us proud as Europeans