The Greek annual inflation rate rose to 0.5 pct in April, from 0.2 pct in March, but was down compared with an 1.6 pct rate recorded in April 2017, Eurostat said on Wednesday.
In a report released here, the EU executive’s statistics service said the annual inflation rate in the Eurozone was 1.2 pct in April from 1.3 pct in March and 1.9 pct in April last year. In the EU, the annual inflation rate was 1.4 pct in April, from 1.5 pct in March and 2.0 pct a year ago.
Cyprus (-0.3 pct), Ireland (-0.1 pct) and Portugal (0.3 pct) recorded the lowest inflation rates, while Romania (4.3 pct), Slovakia (3.0 pct) and Estonia (2.9 pct) the highest rates.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday