Visiting Daniele Nouy, chair of the European Central Bank’s Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM), met in Athens on Tuesday with Bank of Greece governor Yannis Stournaras.
Wrapping up her two-day visit to Greece, Nouy also met with representatives of Greek bank boards, the Financial Stability Fund and the Hellenic Bank Association.
The ECB official discussed the banks’ prospects following their successful stress tests, focusing on nonperforming exposure and the need to reduce it.
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Tuesday 22/05 edition
- Commission spokesperson: Attack against Mayor Boutaris ‘shameless and unethical’
- Rouvikonas storms Council of State, minor damages to building
- Mayor Boutaris calls on parties to protect democracy against extremists
- Greek stocks ended flat in the Athens Stock Exchange on Monday