The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Alexandros Yennimatas, made the following statement in response to a question from a foreign journalist, regarding yesterday’s unsubstantiated and defamatory FAZ article on Greece:
“The closer Greece gets to economic recovery and exit from the memorandum, the more certain circles and news media endeavour to create negative and erroneous impressions, in order to keep Greece from emerging from the crisis and escaping their control.”
The comments referred to Richard Fraunberger’s article ‘The misery of the Greeks’ and subtitle “Nothing is good in Greece. Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is bragging for his reforms. In fact he governs in a system of corruption and bad economic management”.
- Foreign Ministry, Athens bourse work on promoting Greek businesses
- Greece has a big investment gap, PwC survey says
- Greek stocks extended their rally for the sixth successive session
- Athens mayor opposes new state company coordinating council projects
- PPC staff union GENOP confirms power shortages during strikes “but no blackouts”