The payroll cost index in Greece (excluding the primary sector and household activities) grew 2.7 pct in the fourth quarter of 2017 compared with the same period in 2016, after a 0.7 pct decline recorded in the 2016/2015 period, Hellenic Statistical Authority said on Tuesday.
The statistics service, in a quarterly report, said that the payroll cost index -seasonally adjusted but without date correction – grew 2.0 pct in the fourth quarter of 2017, after a 0.2 pct increase recorded in the 2016/2015 period. The payroll cost index – not seasonally adjusted but with date correction – grew 3.4 pct in the fourth quarter of 2017, after a 2.0 pct decline recorded in the 2016/2015 period.
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017