Greek banks lowered their borrowing from the Eurosystem in January to 29.1 billion euros from 33.7 billion a month earlier, the Bank of Greece said in a report.
More specifically, Greek banks lowered their borrowing from the ELA mechanism to 17.4 billion euros in January from 21.6 billion in December 2017, while direct borrowing from ECB’s operations fell significantly to 11.7 billion euros from 21.1 billion over the same months, respectively.
- Folli Follie asks Capital Market Commission to suspend trading of its shares
- Athens Newspapers Headlines: Friday 25/05 edition
- We are working for an increase in minimum wage, Labour Min Achtsioglou says
- Greek stocks end at lowest level since mid-December 2017
- Gov’t should call national elections, main opposition party reiterates