Greek banks lowered their borrowing from the Eurosystem in January to 29.1 billion euros from 33.7 billion a month earlier, the Bank of Greece said in a report.
More specifically, Greek banks lowered their borrowing from the ELA mechanism to 17.4 billion euros in January from 21.6 billion in December 2017, while direct borrowing from ECB’s operations fell significantly to 11.7 billion euros from 21.1 billion over the same months, respectively.
- Potami: Top court ruling on religion teaching in schools is ‘jump backwards’
- Former head of PPC, Mytilineos Group owner to face kickbacks-for-contracts charges
- Migration minister to start tour of islands receiving refugees and migrants on Thursday
- Main opposition leader charges gov’t of diplomatic inadequacy in foreign affairs
- Greece’s 21 most sustainable companies for 2017