The Greek import price index in the industrial sector grew 4.1 pct in December 2017 compared with the same month in 2016, after an 8.9 pct increase recorded in the 2016/2015 period, Hellenic Statistical Authority said on Wednesday.
The statistics service, in a report, attributed this development to the so-called imported inflation to a 0.4 pct increase in the import price index from Eurozone countries and a 7.4 pct rise in the import price index from coutnries outside Eurozone.
The index was up 1.0 pct in December from November 2017, after a 2.7 pct increase recorded in the same period in 2016. The import price index grew 5.9 pct on average in 2017, compared with the average index in 2016.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case