Greek authorities are currently in the process of drafting of proposed new legislation on company transformations and mergers, which is expected to be complete by mid April.
The Greek economy ministry’s general secretariat of commerce and consumer protection has set up a committee to process the draft legislation that will record all current regulations in corporate law on company restructuring, transformations and mergers, recommend new regulations governing new types of transformations and mergers in the framework of EU legislation, as well as recommending regulations to converge/harmonise corporate and tax laws on company transformations and mergers and to constantly monitor and correct any deviations.
The work of the committee must be completed by April 13.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case