Greek car sales jumped 44.3 pct in January totaling 18,897 (new or used), from 13,096 cars in the same month in 2017, Hellenic Statistical Authority said on Friday.
The statistics service, in a monthly report, said that new car sales totaled 9,546 in January, from 7,146 in January 2017, for an increase of 33.6 pct.
Motorcycle registrations totaled 1,909 in January, from 1,063 in January 2017, for an increase of 79.6 pct. New motorcycle registrations totaled 1,711 in the first month of 2018, from 915 a year earlier, for an increase of 87 pct.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case