Greek industrial production grew 4.1 pct in 2017 after a 0.2 pct increase recorded in December, with manufacturing production rising 3.3 pct in the year and 6.3 pct in the last month of 2017, Hellenic Statistical Authority said on Friday.
The statistics service, in a monthly report, said that the industrial production general index grew 0.2 pct in December compared with the same month in 2016, after a 2.5 pct increase recorded in the 2016/2015 period. This development was attributed to a 6.3 pct increase in manufacturing production (pharmaceuticals up 16.3 pct, base metals up 23.3 pct, computers/electronics/optical up 20.1 pct, machinery and equipment up 22.4 pct and furniture up 25.5 pct). On the other hand, mining production fell 8.8 pct, electricity was down 13.6 pct and water production fell 3.1 pct in December.
The average industrial production general index grew 4.1 pct in 2017, compared with 2016, while the seasonally-adjusted index rose 0.8 pct in December from November 2017.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case