Greek authorities paid a total of 4,496,290 pensions in December 2017, of which 2,851,060 were main, 1,237,924 supplementary and 407,306 were dividends, official figures showed on Thursday.
Monthly spending on pensions was 2,311,605,665 euros – including taxes- while the number of pensioners was 2,586,480. Average pension income was 722.26 euros in December, average supplementary pension income was 171,67 euros and the average dividend income was 97.93 euros, for an average income (main and supplementary) of 894 euros.
The figures were included in the “Helios” report of the single pension control and payment system regarding fiscal spending on pension payments in the months of September, October, November and December 2017.
- Free tours to the world-famous Antikythira shipwreck at Aik. Laskaridis Foundation
- Police arrest three after high-speed car chase, confiscate 1.5 kilos heroin
- Sale of minority stakes in water utilities to begin by August
- Mogherini expresses full support towards Greece, Cyprus over Turkish provocations
- Former PASOK MP Dimitris Lintzeris sues protected witnesses in Novartis case