The future of the struggling Hellenic Sugar Industry was discussed at the finance ministry on Thursday, in an effort to find a solution on its funding needs.
During the meeting, Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos, Alternate Finance Minister Alexis Charitsis and Piraeus Bank CEO Christos Megalou discussed ways to pay debts owed to the company’s sugar-beet farmers.
According to sources, the two sides examined the possibility of receiving a loan from Piraeus Bank in a way that doesn’t increase the company’s debt pile.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability