The future of the struggling Hellenic Sugar Industry was discussed at the finance ministry on Thursday, in an effort to find a solution on its funding needs.
During the meeting, Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos, Alternate Finance Minister Alexis Charitsis and Piraeus Bank CEO Christos Megalou discussed ways to pay debts owed to the company’s sugar-beet farmers.
According to sources, the two sides examined the possibility of receiving a loan from Piraeus Bank in a way that doesn’t increase the company’s debt pile.
- New budget resources to meet new EU challenges
- Turkish President Erdogan says he is sending exploration ship into east Mediterranean
- Members of PAME damaged part of fence around Piraeus port, security officials say
- Niarchos Foundation to sign agreement with gov’t over health services
- Afghan migrant killed in car accident in in the new port of Patras