Shipping Minister Panagiotis Kouroumblis called on Greek ship-owners to register some of their ships under the Greek flag to support the country, during a New Year’s cake-cutting ceremony at the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping.
“We believe the time has come for Greek ship-owners to do more to support the country. We hope to see more ships under the Greek flag and we call on Greek ship-owners to bring at least a percentage of their ships under the Greek flag,” he said.
He said that in the last three years, more than 290 shipping companies have opened offices in the country and that revenues from shipping increased by 18.3 percent in the first nine months of 2017, bringing it to more than one billion euros.
- Northern Greece’s indigenous oil variety ‘Makri’ to receive PDO status in coming months
- Hellenic Seaways finalizes decision to scrapThessaloniki-Sporades islands sea route in the summer
- Intracom Telecom enters into strategic partnership with Furakawa Electric LatAm S.A
- Probe ordered into deaths of two women in maternity hospitals
- Michalos: More incentives, reforms necessary for Greek economy’s sustainability